For resources to support learning, click on link above.
Our ethos: “TEAM – Together Everyone Achieves More, through the grace of the Lord Jesus, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit.” Find out more about our ethos by clicking here.
Our Ofsted inspection reports:
The lead inspector states: This school continues to be good.
- The behaviour of pupils is a strength of the school. During the inspection, pupils were exceptionally courteous, kind and polite.
- Pupils’ written work is of a consistently high standard regardless of the subject being studied.
- Pupils know their targets and enjoy having the responsibility to ‘prove it’ (their learning) when they feel they have achieved a target.
- The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the last inspection.
- The school continues to improve because of your strong leadership and drive for excellence. This is clearly reflected in the responses by staff and parents to Ofsted’s online questionnaire. They all agree that the school is well led and managed and are proud to be part of Donnington Wood Junior School.
- Leaders and governors show considerable drive and ambition.
- Leaders and governors have created a strong culture of safeguarding. Keeping pupils safe is central to the school’s work. Staff and visitors are left in no doubt about their responsibilities. As a result, children and their families are well supported by staff in school or by external agencies.
Our Siams report states: The distinctiveness and effectiveness of Donnington Wood as a Church of England school are outstanding:
- The outstanding Christian vision and commitment of the head teacher that has inspired staff and pupils, raised aspirations and secured sustained school improvement.
- Every aspect of the school’s work that is built on a firm Christian foundation and Christian values that are articulated by pupils and respected by parents.
- Staff who know their pupils very well indeed are committed to nurturing them as children of God and removing any barriers to achievement.
- Outstanding worship that ensures the spiritual development of pupils of all backgrounds.
To read full report click here: Donnington Wood SIAMS Report.