Our School Vision
Our school is a community where each person is valued as a child of God. We are a Church of England school, inspired and guided by the life and teaching of Jesus. We work together to create a caring, friendly and safe school family, to enable the whole school community to flourish and each person reach their full God-given potential.
“The ones who plant and the ones who water work together as a team with the same purpose.”
1 Corinthians 3:8
We believe that with God’s help when we all work as a TEAM – Together Everyone Achieves More.
Our core values: friendship, hope, perseverance (these we feel are the most important values to deliver our mission and allow everyone to succeed.)
We complement these core values with learning about:
justice / trust / fellowship / peace / humility / wisdom / service / compassion / creativity / tolerance
Our Mission (INTENT)
At Donnington Wood CE Junior School we will
- put the safety of everyone as a priority so we can work in trust and peace.
- encourage everyone to understand the true meaning of friendship, fellowship and community by acting with humility, compassion and in service to each other.
- be inclusive so everyone is valued and respected and where tolerance and diversity are celebrated.
- seek out every opportunity to ensure that all of us flourish in all that we do, developing wisdom and creativity, through an ambitious and broad curriculum that challenges expectations, deepens knowledge and develops skills.
- empower pupils and adults to develop hope and perseverance, so that they are able to engage/explore the challenges of school and the wider world.
- nurture the spiritual development of our school fellowship, develop tolerance of other faiths, beliefs and cultures and build religious literacy through collective worship of God and teaching of RE.
- champion our values to equip our children ready for their future as respectful individuals, life-long learners and active citizens in society (justice)
This Vision and Mission will be evident in all we do, from the way we work together to the attitudes to life you will see us show.
Child Protection Statement
At Donnington Wood CE Junior School, we recognise that your child is your responsibility and their safety and well-being your concern. We wish to work in partnership with you, and we will share successes with you, and discuss with you any concerns that we may have.
Since your child’s welfare is also our first priority, there may be rare occasions when our concern for your child means that we have to consult other agencies. We will endeavor to contact you in the first instance and share our concerns and where possible, seek your consent to a referral being made to Children’s Social Care.
However, this will only be done where we believe that such discussion will not place your child at further or increased risk of significant harm. The welfare of the child will be paramount and will override any other considerations where we consider that to be the case.
The procedures we follow are those laid down by the Telford & Wrekin Safeguarding Children Board. The school has adopted both Child Protection and Anti Bullying Policies for the safety of all.
If you would like to know more about our procedures or the policies, please speak to the Headteacher, Mr Fox, Mr Rawson or Miss Ganderton, who are the Designated Persons for Child Protection.