Welcome to Donnington Wood Church of England Junior School.
Our School Vision
Our school is a community where each person is valued as a child of God. We are a Church of England school, inspired and guided by the life and teaching of Jesus. We work together to create a caring, friendly and safe school family, to enable the whole school community to flourish and each person reach their full God-given potential.
It is with great pride that I welcome you to our school website. We hope that it provides a brief window on the work we do and all that we achieve. If you have any questions, then please contact us.
At our school your child will receive the best education we can offer in a caring and supportive atmosphere. e believe in our vision and deliver this through our core values:
Our Mission (INTENT)
At Donnington Wood CE Junior School we will
- put the safety of everyone as a priority so we can work in trust and peace.
- encourage everyone to understand the true meaning of friendship, fellowship and community by acting with humility, compassion and in service to each other.
- be inclusive so everyone is valued and respected and where tolerance and diversity are celebrated.
- seek out every opportunity to ensure that all of us flourish in all that we do, developing wisdom and creativity, through an ambitious and broad curriculum that challenges expectations, deepens knowledge and develops skills.
- empower pupils and adults to develop hope and perseverance, so that they are able to engage/explore the challenges of school and the wider world.
- nurture the spiritual development of our school fellowship, develop tolerance of other faiths, beliefs and cultures and build religious literacy through collective worship of God and teaching of RE.
- champion our values to equip our children ready for their future as respectful individuals, life-long learners and active citizens in society (justice).
Staff and governors are passionately committed to the care, welfare and progress of all pupils whatever their abilities; we are a fully inclusive school; we strive for all pupils to reach their full potential and equip them for a bright future in the wider world.
Children are supported and challenged through a broad, balanced and vibrant school curriculum and have the opportunity to take part in a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Achievements are celebrated and expectations are high.
Our Christian ethos promotes an atmosphere where children are encouraged to adopt British values of tolerance, understanding and respect for others irrespective of background or religious belief.
Here is feedback so far:
- Like the focus on skills for life- really important. My older child has gone on to be very successful with the skills they learnt here.
- I like the focus on inclusivity and how the school will work hard to meet everyone’s needs.
- Communication is key, in my child’s old school you could not get to see or meet the teachers. The school listens to me.
- The school is a community, a family, welcoming and supporting. The atmosphere is inclusive and friendly.
- The way we all work together and support each other is important to me.
- I want my child to be happy, confident and kind. These values will help this.
- Helping me and supporting me.
- The focus on pastoral work is key, helping my child develop as a well rounded child. The vision celebrates this.
- The vision should be about EVERY child reaching their potential, not to limit any child’s ability.
- The Christmas play showed the vision, everyone involved, everyone takes part.
- Keeping my child safe is incredibly important to me.
- Together Every Achieves More- we all have a ‘small part’ to play for the good of this God Given World.
- I want my child to make a difference to all of humanity and use his abilities to do his best, to express gratitude and to always be humble. These values help.
- A vision that helps my child understand what God’s love is.
- Everyone Equal and working together.
- My child to be what every they want to be, to the best of their abilities.
- The vision will be seen in their education, confidence and ability to mix well all of their peers and adults.
We are proud of our pupils’ successes and the school’s ability to enable pupils to make rapid progress during their time with us.
Our children describe our school as a welcoming, safe and friendly place which provides a good education for everyone.
” Everyone is always happy to help you.”
”All the teachers challenge you so that you can be the best that you can be.”
We are very proud of our Siams report: The distinctiveness and effectiveness of Donnington Wood as a Church of England school are outstanding:
- The outstanding Christian vision and commitment of the head teacher that has inspired staff and pupils, raised aspirations and secured sustained school improvement.
- Every aspect of the school’s work that is built on a firm Christian foundation and Christian values that are articulated by pupils and respected by parents.
- Staff who know their pupils very well indeed are committed to nurturing them as children of God and removing any barriers to achievement.
- Outstanding worship that ensures the spiritual development of pupils of all backgrounds.
Thank you for all your support, this accolade is reflection of the whole communities work and we should all be very proud. To read full report click here: Donnington Wood SIAMS Report.
In the last two years we have taken action on your suggestions and developed the way we teach your child. We have changed the times of the school day and introduced new specialist teaching for our topic afternoons. These decisions were driven by parents and pupils voices. If you have any other suggestions please contact us. The results have been very positive: attendance has improved and our topic results show that, on average, there has been a 10% rise in pupils reaching aged related expectations for topic. We expect this year to be even higher.
In addition to this we would like to signpost you to parent view. This ofsted survey helps us drive improvements and is just one of the ways you can help us improve educational opportunities for our community. https://parentview.ofsted.gov.uk/
Selected feed back indicates
The support given so far has been amazing and it is reassuring knowing that there is always someone available to talk to.
My child was very nervous about entering year 3. She has settled in very quickly and I happy she feels safe.
I am happy with everything with the support and learning thank you.
We are very impressed with his improvement at the juniors and thank you for all the extra support that may be needed.
I chose this school for my son as I had two daughters that attended and they did fantastically. But I think the school has progressed more he really enjoys it. Both my partner and me are very happy with my child at this school. Thank you
British Values: SMSC
We fully promote British Values in our school, for more information visit the teaching and learning pages.