Ofsted highlights: Following the recent Ofsted inspection we would like to share the following findings:
The lead inspector states: This school continues to be good.
· The behaviour of pupils is a strength of the school. During the inspection, pupils were exceptionally courteous, kind and polite.
· Pupils’ written work is of a consistently high standard regardless of the subject being studied.
· Pupils know their targets and enjoy having the responsibility to ‘prove it’ (their learning) when they feel they have achieved a target.
· The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the last inspection.
· The school continues to improve because of your strong leadership and drive for excellence. This is clearly reflected in the responses by staff and parents to Ofsted’s online questionnaire. They all agree that the school is well led and managed and are proud to be part of Donnington Wood Junior School.
· Leaders and governors show considerable drive and ambition.
· Leaders and governors have created a strong culture of safeguarding. Keeping pupils safe is central to the school’s work. Staff and visitors are left in no doubt about their responsibilities. As a result, children and their families are well supported by staff in school or by external agencies.
For the full report please visit our website, or the Ofsted website.
Thank you for your continued support, it really is a TEAM effort!!