We have been discussing computer games in our PHSE sessions this week. I attach this for your information. There are also excellent resources below to help you keep your child safe over Christmas.
- Christmas video games without the surprises
We examine what’s in some of the games kids will ask for this Christmas, explain PEGI ratings and where to find the most up to date information for setting parental controls on consoles.
- Understanding online shaming
What is it – and how can you stop your child being affected by it?
- Laughing gas: a guide for parents
The so-called ‘legal high’ is increasingly popular with young people, but it’s no laughing matter.
- Tackling stigma around mental health for young people
Around 3 children in every classroom in the UK will experience a mental health problem. A new campaign from the charity Time To Change is aiming to do something to help them.
In case you missed it…
- Staying safe on Minecraft
What parents should know to help keep their children safe while playing.
- Top tips for building children’s online resilience
Does helping young people build their skills, confidence and creativity online also help keep them safe?