1. TCAT Central courses and TCAT South courses: A range of courses and sessions happening in a variety of community buildings near you.
2. Healthy Cooking on a budget: A 5-week course at Short Wood children’s Centre, FREE to people who meet certain eligibility criteria, a crèche is provided but places must be booked.
3. Managing Mood and Worry: this is an 8-week self help course to learn techniques to manage low mood and anxiety through the way we act and think. Although this 8-week course began last week it is available to re-run should sufficient numbers request the course.
4. Level 1 Youth Work certificate course details: A FREE 7-week 2hr course aimed at people who have not undertaken any youth work training or would like to gain a recognised qualification to recognise their skills. Starts Monday 12th May 2014 7.00 – 9.00pm @ Leegomery Youth Project.
5. Customer service and IT: A 3-week course introducing people to the principles of working within customer services.Starts March 26th At Ketley Community Centre
6. Midlands Spear Army recruiting: A 4-week programme is on offer for people who are unemployed, interested in finding out what the Army Reserves (TA) can offer and keen to learn recognised work place qualifications
7. Telford Job Junctions: New additional Job Junction drop-in’s providing advice, guidance and information for people looking for help to access training, employment or updating their CV. 15 sessions now happening across the borough.
Activities, Events and Entertainment
8. Buggy-ness:Six weekly sessions have begun for people with young children doing power walking, toning and using a child’s buggy as resistance
– Leaving Park Lane Community Centre 11.15am on Wednesdays (not too late to join)
– Leaving Stirchley Recreation centre 10am on Tuesdays
9. Wrekin Activity Calendar: Activities for parents and young children living in the Wrekin Children’s Centre area
10. Telford international Women’s Day: A FREE event happening for all women this Friday 14th March at TCAT 10-12 or 12-2.00pm. Information stalls, workshops, advice and help from a range of providers.
Facebook Community Notice Board:
You can also use facebook to view and post local information: Follow these links:
Malinslee Community Notice Board
Cuckoo Oak – Sutton Hill
Area Coordinator – Community Participation Team
Telford & Wrekin Council
Co-operative Council Delivery Team
Tel: 01952 382201 & 01952 382245
Mobile: 07976 100 401
TCAT Central courses Feb 2014.pdf
TCAT South courses February 14.pdf
Healthy Eating Wellington MARCH 14.pdf
Managing mood and worry leaflet TCAT.pdf
Level 1 Youthwork Course 2014.pdf
Customer services and IT Ketley 26 March.pdf
Midlands SPEAR – Army reserves recruitment.pdf
TJB Telford Job Junction sessions A4.pdf
Buggy-ness 6 weeks – 5th March Park Lane.pdf
Buggy-ness 6 weeks – 4th March Stirchley.pdf
Wrekin February 2014 Activity Calendar.pdf
Telford Womens Day 14 March 14.pdf