Shropshire Fire services would like us to share this with parents.
Please find attached information that outlines the traffic management arrangements for the Parish Council Christmas Festival 2018 Event Closure
Donnington and Muxton Parish Council are organising the event which is set to commence on Sunday 25th November 2018 between the hours of 09.00am and 21.00pm at the car park, The Parade, Wrekin Drive, Donnington.
Should you have any questions or comments on the above, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Network Management – Permits Officer
Highways, Transport & Engineering Services
Neighbourhood and Customer Services
Telford & Wrekin Council
Tel: 01952 384000
(Correspondence address: Darby House, Telford. TF3 4JA)
Please find attached details of Lynne McGuire, our new parent Governor.
Please find attached the updated Privacy notice effective November 2018
There has recently been a case of head lice identified at the school and we wanted to make sure you were kept informed. While lice are nothing more than a nuisance, it is important that children are checked on a weekly basis so that any head lice can be dealt with quickly and before they are allowed to spread too far.
As there has been an outbreak, we suggest that you check your child’s head as soon as possible.
Follow the simple CHECK, TREAT, COMPLETE routine below to ensure you are doing your bit to keep head lice outbreaks to a minimum
- Your child’s hair once a week
- Use a proper detection comb – with teeth no more than 0.3mm apart to trap head lice and white in colour so they can be easily seen
- If you find live lice, consult a pharmacist for treatment advice
- If head lice are spotted, take a close look at all the family, including yourself and ask close family and friends to check as well
- Only treat if live lice are identified
- Use clinically proven treatment
- Leave the treatment on for the recommended time for maximum effect- leaving it on for longer will not make it more effective
- Repeat the treatment for a second time seven days after the first to kill any lice that may hatch from eggs during that time, if the instructions specify that a second application is required
- Check that all head lice have gone within two to three days of the final application of head lice treatment to complete the process
- For further information on head lice see you Pharmacist or visit www.onceaweektakeapeek.com
1. Head lice can only be passed by direct head-to-head contact. They cannot jump, fly, hop or swim
2. Head lice cannot be caught by sharing things like hairbrushes, towels or bedding. Head lice can only survive on heads, dying quickly once away from their food source. Adults and nymphs can only survive for 8 to 24 hours without feeding
3. Having head lice has nothing to do with personal hygiene or having dirty hair. They can live on all hair types and have no preference towards clean or dirty
4. Lice live incredibly close to the scalp and can survive on hair as short as 2mm long, so cutting and shaving hair will not necessarily help.