Good Afternoon All,
Please find attached important information about our Transition package.
We are looking forward to seeing you all for these important dates.
Rest assured we have taken steps to keep your child safe, and although we cannot guarantee no risk, the risk is manageable.
I will send the Risk assessment and MY DAY Document for this next week.
Your child’s new class teacher will ring you next week (on a withheld number). Please answer!
Thank you, as always.
Mr Fox and TEAM Donnington
Transition letter Year 3-5 For Parents.pdf
Coronovirus survey pupils 2.pdf
More online Safety from the UN
Guidelines for parents, carers and guardians
1. Have a discussion with your children – try and do some online activities with them. 2. Identify the technology, devices and services across your family / household.
3. Consider whether filtering and blocking or monitoring programmes can help and support your family. 4. Agree expectations as a family about using the Internet and personal devices. 5. Be aware of the online and mobile services used by your children. 6. Consider age of digital consent.
7. Control use of credit cards and other payment mechanisms. 8. Know how to report problems.
9. Be aware that advertising can be inappropriate or misleading.
10. Create a culture of support in the home so that children and young people feel able to seek support. 11. Educate children on the dangers of meeting up with a stranger. 12. Help your children understand and manage their personal information.
13. Ensure children and young people understand what it means to post photographs on the Internet.
Many of you will be worried about sending your child back to school, so we thought we would share the before and after survey we did with our Year 6s….
|Have staff made you feel safe?
Coronovirus survey pupils .pdf
This Letter is coming home with the Year 6 Parents Tonight.
We will send out the transition letter tomorrow. We will be offering all pupils in Year 2- Year 5 4 days in school transition work.
We wish our Year 6s the best of luck.
Mr Fox and the Governors of the school.
Transition letter Year 6.pdf
Morrisons have been supporting our school since lockdown began with over 600 food parcels!
Last night they literally delivered a truck load of food. If you want a food parcel for yourself or a family member just text us and we will sort some for you.
We are creating our transition plans an will put them on website tomorrow.
Thank you Morrisons,
Stay and Play
We have refined the plan a little and will now text you on the day. The times have also changed slightly
1:40 – 2:40.
Your reply must include the name of child and class. Reply by text.
Year 3O Monday- we will text you Monday morning at 9 and need a response by 10:30. Arrive on time, not early.
Year 3P Tuesday- we will text you Tuesday morning at 9 and need a response by 10:30. Arrive on time, not early.
Year 4O Wednesday- we will text you Wednesday morning at 9 and need a response by 10:30. Arrive on time, not early.
Year 4B Thursday- we will text you Thursday morning at 9 and need a response by 10:30. Arrive on time, not early.
If rain is forecast, we will cancel the day and move you to the next day.
If your child already comes in for a session they cannot come to the stay and play as they are not in that bubble.
We will publish the Transition information this week. All pupils will get 4 days in the school.
On Wednesday we will start our Stay and Play offer for selected classes.
This Wednesday 24th will be from 1:30- 2:30 for INVITED CLASSES, with details attached.
We will text when it is your classes turn. They will be based on a field and it will be hot on Wednesday, so make sure dressed for PE and the heat.
We will then roll it out across the school next week.
Please reply with name of child, class so we have rough idea of numbers.
The details of how we are managing the risk are attached.
We are looking into how we offer transition, and are waiting for government advice.
Green Group Proposals.docx
These are our proposals we have been telling you about.
We will trial it next week and then start the week after if Risk can be managed as stated.
It is completely optional but will be a way to see as many of you as possible before formal transfer days.
Green Group Proposals.pdf